Community

National Seniors Forest Lake

Julie Baldwin April 12, 2024 2 min read

Our branch celebrated International Women’s Day on Friday 8 March. This event was well attended and we had two very interesting speakers, Joyce Taylor and Lynne Ball. On our calendar for Thursday 11 we are having our branch meeting. We will be welcoming Niki Dowling from Transit Care as our guest speaker at the event….

Read More...

CENTENARY EVENING VIEW CLUB APRIL

Sue Pither April 11, 2024 2 min read

Our recent March meeting was well attended over a fabulous supper. Our guest speaker was one of our own members who talked about her experiences sailing in the Southern Ocean.  Our committee has pulled together an exciting and varied programme for 2024.  There is something for everyone at the Centenary Evening View Club, including walks,…

Read More...

Forest Lake Area Garden Group APRIL

Pat Parlane April 11, 2024 2 min read

By the time most of you read this Easter will be over and we will have had our fill of Hot Cross Buns and Easter Eggs.     The next meeting of the garden club is Tuesday April 2 and the guest speaker is Michael Byrnes who will be talking about Orchids. These are such beautiful plants…

Read More...

Rotary Club of Forest Lake APRIL

Dennis Caesar  April 10, 2024 2 min read

Members from the Forest Lake Rotary Club attended the Seaworld Conference Centre during the Rotary District 9620 Conference 2024. There, we served as ushers to the guests from as far north as PNG and east to the Solomon islands and Nauru and west to Roma and St George. They enjoyed the stories about what Rotary…

Read More...

Forest Lake Photography Club APRIL

Steven Roberts April 10, 2024 2 min read

A round of applause for Stan Chrenkoff, the December champion of the Heritage Bank Slideshow Award! Stan’s mesmerising macro shot of a flower has us all swooning over the intricate details of nature’s beauty. Stan unveils the star of his winning photo—a fast-growing plant known as the Cup of Gold or Hawaiian Lily, originally hailing…

Read More...

News from the 19th Hole APRIL

Patrick Ayling April 9, 2024 2 min read

The Club ventured out to Sandy Gallop Golf Club for its game held on March 10.  We had another strong field of 26 members playing in a Stableford competition.  With an early start to the day, and everyone teeing off from the first tee on a beautiful morning, we soon found out that this course…

Read More...

Family Focus APRIL

Mark Mackay April 9, 2024 2 min read

One of the most common sources of stress I hear from families now is ‘cost of living pressures.’  Whenever I hear that phrase, it sounds so innocuous and sterile but these pressures are real.  I was talking to a friend recently who said, “My wife and I are working just as hard as we always…

Read More...

Milton Dick Lake News Column MARCH

Milton Dick April 8, 2024 1 min read

Many of you who live in our community will have seen the Lunar New Year festivities taking place across our suburbs over the past few weeks. I love living in a place where we have people from different countries and cultures who proudly celebrate their traditional customs. That’s why I always enjoy attending the Lunar…

Read More...

Forest Lake Probus Club MARCH

Stephen Hislop April 8, 2024 2 min read

What an exciting speaker we had at our February meeting. Bruce Bodsworth is the president of the Queensland Masters Athletics Association and what an illustrious and varied career he has had. In 2023 Bruce’s Oceania M70-74 rankings were – 1st in 60m hurdles, 2nd in 300m hurdles, 3rd in the pentathlon (long jump, javelin, 200m,…

Read More...

Councillor Charles Strunk MARCH

Councillor Charles Strunk April 5, 2024 3 min read

New Equipment and Sporting Infrastructure being delivered across the Ward Nothing makes me happier than to let everyone know about new equipment being built for our local families in our parks and sporting fields. The Lake Parklands Precinct has a new outdoor meeting space, a new table tennis area complete with freshly painted pergola, and…

Read More...